Wyndham Clinic Private Hospital Youth Services Program. We offer inpatient and day program treatment to young people aged 17-21 years.
Our clinical programs provide a framework for early intervention in addition to crisis care. Participants learn new skills and build on existing skills already acquired to support long term coping strategies and emotional regulation. These programs are delivered within the hospital with substantial recreation and group areas, private rooms with en-suite bathroom, computer and Wi-Fi access.
All clients are admitted under the care of an experienced psychiatrist, working collaboratively with a specialist multidisciplinary team consisting of nursing, clinical psychology, occupational therapy and social work.
Families are supported by our carer consultant with fortnightly carer support groups and regular Family and Friends groups delivered by our psychiatrists.
KEY FEATURES OF OUR SERVICE INCLUDE
- Individual and group therapy facilitated by our experienced multidisciplinary team of clinicians
- Collaborative approach to treatment; involving young people and their families in treatment and discharge planning and care delivery
- School and employer liaison
- Private rooms with en-suite bathrooms and flat screen televisions
What to expect at Wyndham Clinic Private Hospital
A Private Hospital environment
The benefits of a Private Hospital include individual and tailored care for your specialised needs in the context of your recovery. As a Private Hospital, Private Health Insurance will cover the majority of our patients fees. Excess and gap costs may be applicable and will vary depending on the level of cover. Our staff will provide information on any applicable fees prior to admission. We have contracts with most funds and claim directly from them.
The admission process is simple either by your GP or consultant referral.
For more information please call 03 9731 6646
While in Hospital
The Wyndham Clinic Private Hospital Youth Service attempts to replicate a normal living environment within the hospital. There are communal lounge areas, dining areas, therapy rooms and outdoor areas.
- A varied menu is provided, and we are able to accommodate any special dietary requirements – please advise the staff on admission.
- Flat screen televisions are provided in bedrooms and living areas
- There is a laundry for patients use in the hospital at no cost
- There is free wifi available for all patients
What to bring during your stay?
- Private health fund details, Medicare and any pension cards
- Any current medication and prescriptions (in the original packaging)
- Everyday comfortable clothing and comfortable walking shoes
- Night attire, dressing gown and slippers
- Alarm clock
- Please bring pens and writing material
What not to bring.
- Drugs, Alcohol or paraphernalia
- Gambling material
- Portable DVD/VCR players/ large electronic items
- Revealing/Inappropriate clothing
If you have any questions on what to bring, please contact our friendly intake team on 03 9731 6646.
Our team is carefully selected for their skills, knowledge, attitude and experience.
A stringent credentialing process is undertaken for each member of clinical staff and registration is checked annually.
Admitting doctors are on call twenty-four hours and can be contacted by the nursing staff if required. The Medical Directors are available at all times for guidance and support. Arrangements are in place with the nearby Werribee Mercy Public hospital who will accept our patients in the event of an emergency or clinical deterioration requiring a transfer.
Discharge planning, Day Program and Aftercare Program
The treating team will collaborate with the person during their stay to prepare a plan for discharge and beyond. A family meeting is offered prior to discharge.
The discharge plan may include:
- Day Program attendance
- Develop a crisis management plan and relapse signature.
- Booking of outpatient appointments with psychologist/ psychiatrist or GP
A Young Persons Follow- Up Program is offered as a transition from hospital to home. For more information, please speak to your treating team or contact our friendly intake team on 03 9731 6646.